Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hello

Well I'm new to this so pardon my appearance…

I've always wanted to start a blog, but have never actually sat down to do it.  In the last month I've experienced two major life events…moving and getting married!  Both fun and exciting yet so stressful!    Now that we're back from our honeymoon and have unpacked all those beautiful Crate and Barrel boxes I'm starting to get back into cooking.

I joke with my husband that about 90% of our conversations are food related.  I think that's pretty accurate.  We also share a love of animals and do not eat meat (even our dog is a vegan).  My husband has been a vegan/vegetarian for about 20 years and currently he's on a vegan kick.  

So what does this mean for me?  Well I guess I'm the at home vegan.  With a husband that does not eat any animal products I tend to avoid eggs and dairy when I'm out of the house as well, except for that slice of NYC cheese pizza I ate on our honeymoon (totally worth it!) 

Cooking and eating as a vegan isn't as difficult as many people make it out to be, you just have to be  little more creative.  I'm constantly asked about what we eat and I love talking about it hence this blog.  

I'm not out there to preach about vegetarianism and veganism.  It's our choice and it's not for everyone, but everyone can enjoy the food we eat.  One of my favorite things to do is to cook for my meat-eating friends and family and to have them enjoy what I make.  

So I hope some of my ideas and recipes find you.  I thought it would be fun to share a little part of our new life and maybe this blog will help my husband and I cut down on our conversations about food…save it for the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment