Friday, November 6, 2015

Review: Trader Joe's Hot and Sweet Chili Jam

So it's Friday, hence it's pizza night.  There's only so much I can tell you about vegan pizza and I'm pretty sure I've told you everything I know.  So I'll share something else...

So tonight I'm doing another review.  I took another trip to Trader Joe's tonight, and it's amazing what you find when the store isn't packed like it is on the weekend.  I came across a new hot and sweet chili jam.  I've pretty much drawn to any sort of spicy food.  I picked it up and read the suggestion that this jam can be served with cream cheese on a cracker.  Easy vegan fix.  I'm super indecisive so of course I put it down and came back to it later.



I paired with with our favorite vegan alternative to cream cheese, Tofutti, and served the jam on a Ritz cracker.  It was awesome!



My plating leaves something to be desired, but this would be an awesome appetizer.  And super easy of course.  The jam is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, and goes great with the cream cheese to cool everything down.  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I went in to Trader Joe's a couple nights ago and spent ages holding it in my hand, trying to divine its flavour, how it would go with other foods that I finally ended up not getting it. I was torn between this one and the Mango-Ginger chutney. But after your post, I am pretty much sold on this one! The crackers look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a try! Mango-ginger chutney sounds delicious too!

      Delete