Friday, November 27, 2015

Vegan Cheddar Biscuits

I love Thanksgiving.  I love everything about it.  Except for the turkey that is.

Thanksgiving can be a nightmare for vegetarians and vegans.  There's meat and gravy everywhere and lots of relatives asking you questions about where do you get your protein.  Therefore, it's not uncommon for veggies (and some of their non veggie friends) to gather together before Thanksgiving and have their own feast.  I've done with before with my friends and this weekend with got together with my husband's college buddies and had a blast.


One of my contributions to this gathering was my vegan cheddar biscuits.  Here's what you do...

Ingredients 

  • 2/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 cup Bisquick mix
  • 2 tablespoons vegan butter softened
  • about 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar cheese shreds
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onion
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste


First you need to make yourself some vegan buttermilk.  Take your almond milk and lemon and whisk it together in a bowl.  Let this sit for about five minutes.  I threw all the dry ingredients in a bowl and added the "buttermilk" once it was ready.  I cooked it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

I made another batch of these babies but with peppers and garlic chopped up and mixed in.  I honestly think you could add anything to these biscuits and not go wrong.  The possibilities are endless.  Happy Thanksgiving!




4 comments: