Saturday, September 12, 2015

Easiest dessert ever...

I'm not much of a baker.  I'm not really a sweets person.  Lock me in a room with a cake and I wouldn't touch it.  Lock me in a room with a loaf of bread however, and it wouldn't be pretty.  During my single days grocery shopping for myself, I would rarely buy any type of dessert food.  Now I have a husband and four year old who can polish off a box of cookies in two days.

I have committed my life to a man with a sweet tooth, therefore, I have committed to making a dessert once in awhile.  I like branching out and vegan baking can be quite a challenge.

However, this dessert is not.  And it was still delicious.  And vegan.

Did you know that you can make a cake with cake mix and 8 ounces of soda?  Thank you Pinterest.  The possibilities are endless.  Plus it's two ingredients, amazingly easy.

I've dabbled with several combinations of cake mix and soda, but this particular one was a home run.  This is the perfect cake to make with kids.  Two ingredients = less of a chance of mess = everybody wins!  Our four year old likes to bake with me so he and I went to pick out ingredients to make a cake for dad.  We originally wanted to make something with root beer (we are both big fans), but we opted for cream soda instead.



As for cake mix everything I've seen from Duncan Hines has been vegan, containing no eggs or milk products.  I had never made a cake like this with spice cake so I grabbed it.  Gotta keep our marriage spicy, right? 




Making a soda cake like this is super easy.  I'll say it again….. easy. I don't even need to list the ingredients.  Basically, you add the soda (I used 8 ounces, but I have seen variations of the amount to use) and the entire cake mix.  Stir it together, and place in a greased pan (I used Earth Balance butter).  I used a 9 x13 pan because that was what I had available.  Cook for the amount of time displayed on the box, however I cooked mine about 7 minutes longer than directed.  




The combinations of cream soda and spice cake mix was delightful.  It smelled great and tasted great.    Our little guy ate it up.

You're welcome.







No comments:

Post a Comment